Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese and Green Beans Recipe
Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese and Green Beans
Here’s a skillet dinner you’ll want to make again and again. Sear pork chops, green beans, and lemon wedges in a skillet and top with creamy Metropolitan Market Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese. So simple, so good.
- 6 - 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 ounces Metropolitan Market Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese
- Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking and preserve the bright green color. Drain again. Set aside. (Refrigerate if made ahead.)
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add pork chops; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Flip chops and continue to cook until second side is golden brown and temperature registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of meat. Add green beans and lemon wedges after turning chops.
- Sprinkle green beans with salt and pepper and cook, turning once or twice, until hot and lightly charred.
- Remove from heat and crumble goat cheese over warm chops.
- To serve, squeeze lemon wedges over pork and green beans. Serve warm.