Grilled Chicken With Walla Walla Onion & Mint Recipe
Grilled Chicken With Walla Walla Onion & Mint
A sweet onion salsa with fresh mint is a summertime complement to these grilled chicken breast strips. You can also serve it with grilled salmon, pork chops, or fried tofu.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp dry marjoram, oregano, or basil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 large Walla Walla Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss chicken with olive oil, lemon, herbs and pepper. Chill, and marinate for one to six hours.*
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Make salsa by combining onion, garlic, vinegar, and mint. Set aside.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Pat dry and grill chicken over medium heat. Cook until firm to the touch and 165°F. Salt to taste.
- Transfer chicken to a platter, and salsa to a serving bowl. Spoon salsa over chicken as it is served.
- *Cook's Note: Chicken may be marinated overnight for your convenience.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 65 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 28 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.