Mediterranean Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 cup red, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or cured olives, sliced, pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, basil or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 box (16 oz) Metropolitan Market Orzo
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in medium bowl. Add all salad ingredients except Orzo and walnuts.
- Cook Orzo as directed. Drain, rinse with cold water until cool and drain again. Add to bowl with other ingredients. Toss to blend. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, add walnuts and cherry tomatoes; taste and adjust seasoning.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 460 mg
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 12 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“On the recipe card I picked up in the store said: 1 box (16 oz) MM orzo. However, on line it reads: 1 box (6 oz) MM Orzo. Which is correct? Since I used a 16 oz pkg. of orzo, it really needed more dressing the next day. I used toasted pine nuts in place of walnuts.”