Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Peas Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine or 1/2 lb dry linguine or spaghetti
- 1 cup kippered smoked salmon, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, to cook gently, then add the half & half and bring to a simmer. Add salt, pepper and peas. Keep warm on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the package directions. When barely done, drain the pasta then add immediately into the cream sauce and mix through gently. Add the smoked salmon and half of the cheese.
- Taste and add seasoning if needed. Stir, then serve the fettuccine in warm bowls or plates, top with remaining cheese.
Ratings and Reviews
“I’ve been making this for over 5 years after having it in italy! so delicious and so easy. i usually use a penne or farfale to “grab” the sauce more. ”