Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 8 Italian sausages, mild or hot
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread or polenta, optional
- Place sausages in a skillet with 1/4-inch of water and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Cover and steam for 5 minutes to warm through. Remove the lid and cook on medium heat, so the water evaporates and the sausages brown. Continue until well browned and fully cooked, about 10-15 minutes. Cover, set aside and keep warm until the veggies are done.
- Meanwhile, heat the 2 Tbsp olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; add the onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until peppers are soft. Remove from heat. Stir in the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the veggies over the sausages, cover and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty bread, pasta or polenta.