This is a classic Mexican breakfast. It’s easy to make and will keep you fueled for the day ahead.
- 1 French baguette
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 pint Metropolitan Market Pico de Gallo (medium or hot)
- Divide bread into 4 equal sections crosswise. Slice each portion lengthwise. Set aside.
- Slather each cut side with beans and place on a sheet pan facing up. Sprinkle each piece of bread with cheese.
- Turn your oven broiler on, place pan on top shelf, and cook until cheese is bubbly. Keep a close eye on it — it will take only a couple minutes.
- Transfer 2 pieces of bread (molletes) to a plate and top with pico de gallo as desired.
- Cook’s Tips:
- We like to slice the bread and store it in in an airtight bag in the freezer. When ready to use, warm the bread in the oven for a couple of minutes and continue with step 2.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 1230 mg
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Fiber: 5 g
Total Sugar: 6 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 16 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.