Baja Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 1/4 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 4-6 oz each sole fillets
- 1/2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 8 small (6 to 7-inch hard shell) white corn tortillas, heated
- 1 cup shredded Queso Asadero (large shred)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and each sliced into eighths
- 2 cups Napa or Savoy cabbage, shredded
- Mix chili powder and allspice together in a small bowl; set aside. In separate bowl, combine tomatillo salsa, wasabi paste, and corn; set aside.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of sole with oil. Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and season with chili powder and allspice. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, divide fish among tortillas. Top with 2 Tbsps cheese, 2 avocado slices, 1/4 cup cabbage and 3 Tbsps salsa mixture.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 42 servings)
Fat: 34 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
Sodium: 770 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 23 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.