Blackened Rockfish with Avocado-Corn Salsa Recipe
Blackened Rockfish with Avocado-Corn Salsa
Serve Cajun-seasoned rockfish with avocado-corn salsa and cooked rice or tortillas. To save time use roasted red pepper from a jar.
- 4 rockfish fillets (6 oz each serving)
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cajun-style seasoning
- Avocado-Corn Salsa:
- 2 Tbsp yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 small bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil, divided
- 3/4 cup yellow corn kernels, cooked and cooled
- Half of a small avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Cook onion and bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat until onion is transparent. Allow to cool.
- Place onion and pepper to a small bowl; stir in corn, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and salt. Set aside, or refrigerate until serving.
- Heat cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add oil. Rub seasoning on fillets; gently place fillets in skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, just until rockfish is opaque throughout.
- Serve with salsa and rice or tortillas, as desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 330 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 33 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.