Broiled Halibut Caprese Recipe
- 1 sheet (12 x 18 inch) aluminum foil
- 4 halibut steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz Metropolitan Market Fresh-Stretched Mozzarella, cut into slices
- 8 large fresh whole basil leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat broiler/oven to medium-high (450°F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil foil.
- Place halibut on foil and broil about 5 inches from heat source for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Turn fillets over and season with salt and pepper. Broil an additional 1 to 2 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove halibut from oven and layer 2 slices cheese, then 2 basil leaves, and 2 slices tomato over each portion. Return halibut to the oven and broil an additional 2 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic and olive oil. To serve, spoon dressing over fillets and garnish with chopped basil.
- Serve immediately or hold at room temperature for an hour. Excellent with a green salad and Italian or French bread for an easy summer dinner.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 125 mg
Sodium: 260 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 36 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.