Gingered Mussels Recipe
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 3 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1/2 cup rice wine or dry sherry
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy pot, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, cilantro, oyster sauce, and chili flakes. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add mussels and rice wine. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until all the mussels are open; discard any mussels that remain closed.
- Spoon mussels into shallow serving bowls and spoon cooking liquid over mussels. Serve with cooked rice, noodles or bread, if desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 600 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 21 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.