Gingered Mussels Recipe
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes, more to taste (optional)
- 3 lbs fresh mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 cup rice wine or dry sherry
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy pot, heat the peanut oil. Add the garlic, ginger, cilantro, oyster sauce, and chili peppers. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels and rice wine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until all the mussels are open; discard any mussels that remain closed.
- Spoon mussels into shallow serving bowls and spoon cooking liquid over mussels. Serve with cooked rice, noodles or bread, if desired.
- Mussels grow a “beard” which should be trimmed off and the shell scrubbed before cooking.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 600 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 21 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.