Halibut with Tomatoes and Basil Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) halibut fillets
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 - 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped freshand 4 sprigs fresh basil for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet; cook the halibut fillets for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the butter, garlic, tomatoes and lemon juice to the skillet. Simmer for about 2 minutes, until fish is done. Add basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce from the bottom of the skillet onto 4 serving plates. Place the fish on top and garnish each with a sprig of fresh basil.
- Excellent with french bread and salad.
Ratings and Reviews
“Made this for the first time and it was wonderful. i would double the sauce if serving 4 people. ”
“Amazing recipe! a total classic, and a hit every time i make it! don't change a thing on this simple recipe and you will have an incredible meal!”