Planked Salmon with an Asian-Inspired Glaze Recipe
Planked Salmon with an Asian-Inspired Glaze
Serves 4 to 6
Cooking salmon on a wood plank adds extra flavor! Try this method on the grill or in the oven with our delicious ginger, lime, soy glaze.
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 lbs salmon fillets or portions
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, for additional heat if desired
- Soak wood plank in water 30 minutes to 2 hours. Pat wood plank with paper towels and lightly oil one side. Place green onions on plank; top with salmon.
- Blend remaining ingredients; rub 1/2 to 1 tsp on each salmon portion. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place the planked salmon on the grill using indirect heat (not directly over heat). Reduce heat to medium and cook in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout.
- Cook's Tip:
- This recipe works great whether you use a plank or cook straight on the grill. Or, bake at 400°F (6 to 7-inches from heat source) for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
Sodium: 220 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 34 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.