Planked Salmon with an Asian-Inspired Glaze Recipe
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 lbs salmon fillets or portions
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, for additional heat if desired
- Soak wood plank in water 30 minutes to 2 hours. Pat wood plank with paper towels and lightly oil one side. Place green onions on plank; top with salmon.
- Blend remaining ingredients; rub 1/2 to 1 tsp on each salmon portion. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place the planked salmon on the grill using indirect heat (not directly over heat). Reduce heat to medium and cook in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout.
- Cook's Tip:
- This recipe works great whether you use a plank or cook straight on the grill. Or, bake at 400°F (6 to 7-inches from heat source) for 10 to 15 minutes.