Sauteéd Oysters Meunière Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 24 fresh oysters, shucked
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Sprigs of parsley
- Warm crusty bread or hot cooked rice
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Place beaten eggs in a separate shallow bowl. Dredge oysters in flour and then dip them in the beaten eggs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry the seasoned oysters about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add the butter, capers and lemon juice; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve at once with crusty bread or rice, as desired.