Chicken Shakshuka with Kale Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 4 - 5 oz ready-to-eat kale or 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- Olives, feta
- Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, smooth side down, and cook until golden brown. Turn over chicken and add Shakshuka sauce to pan around chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in kale, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is done (Instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 165°F.).
- Serve warm, sprinkled with olives or feta cheese. Accompany with your favorite cooked rice or grain, or crusty bread.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 500 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 33 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Easy and delicious!!!”