Chicken Shakshuka with Kale Recipe
Chicken Shakshuka with Kale
Add a little more cooking time if you use bone-in chicken thighs. Or use 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 4 - 5 oz ready-to-eat kale or 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- Olives, feta
- Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, smooth side down, and cook until golden brown. Turn over chicken and add Shakshuka sauce to pan around chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in kale, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is done (Instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 165°F.).
- Serve warm, sprinkled with olives or feta cheese. Accompany with your favorite cooked rice or grain, or crusty bread.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 500 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 33 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Easy and delicious!!!”