Eggs in Shakshuka Recipe
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings:
- Plain Greek yogurt, crumbled feta cheese, fresh cilantro or parsley
- Place a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sauce and bring to a simmer. Adjust heat to keep just below a simmer. With back of a large spoon, make six indents, evenly spaced, in sauce for eggs. Crack an egg into each “dip.” Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper, as you like.
- Cover skillet and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and crusty bread, hot rice, or another cooked grain.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 361 servings)
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
Sodium: 430 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 9 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.