Fish Fillets, Shakshuka-Style Recipe
Fish Fillets, Shakshuka-Style
Delicious with almost any fish or shellfish, and so quick-to-cook. Serve with rice or grains and a salad. You can add a fresh herbs or a package of frozen petite peas if desired.
- 6 portions (5-6 ounces each) skinless fish filets
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar (24-ounce) Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Optional Add-Ins:
- Thinly sliced pickled pepperoncini, drained black olives or capers
- Parsley, cilantro or your favorite herb
- Season fish filets on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook, adjusting heat as needed, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fish over. Add Shakshuka sauce around fish.
- Add pepperoncini, olives or capers if you like. Sprinkle fish with parsley. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is opaque at center. Serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 800 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 24 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.