Shakshuka Tacos Recipe
Grab a jar of Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce and half of a rotisserie chicken from our deli and this meal comes together in minutes. Our pita bread is available in two sizes—the small ones are great for kid-size servings, mini-meals, or apps.
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (from half of a Metropolitan Market Rotisserie Chicken)
- To serve:
- Metropolitan Market Pita Bread, halved, or flour tortillas
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium- to medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft and transluscent. Stir in peppers and cook, stirring often, until softened—or cook less for crisp peppers. Stir in Shakshuka sauce and chicken; bring to a simmer, and cook for a minute or two, to heat chicken.
- Serve hot in pita bread halves or flour tortillas with feta cheese and cilantro.