Ramp and Nettle Pizza Recipe
Ramp and Nettle Pizza
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 Serious Pie Pre-Made Pizza Crust, or any pre-made pizza crust
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, more to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 ramps, ends trimmed
- Coarse salt
- 1 spring onion or 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Nettle and Ramp Chimichurri
- 2 Tbsp Nettle Walnut Pesto
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In a skillet over medium to medium-high heat, fry pancetta until slightly crisp. Remove pancetta to paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Place pizza crust on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush olive oil over crust. Dollop small spoonfuls of ricotta and small spoonfuls of chimichurri or pesto evenly over crust. Sprinkle with pancetta. Lay whole ramps over other toppings. Brush ramps with oil and sprinkle with salt. Scatter spring onion over all.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes, until toppings are hot, and crust is crisp.
- If you like, drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with lemon zest. Cut into wedges or squares and serve warm.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Another option is to prepare the crust from store-bought dough—or make your own from scratch, if you’re feeling ambitious.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 680 mg
Carbohydrates: 58 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 21 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.