Balsamic-Macerated Strawberries Recipe
- 8 oz strawberries, cut in quarters (2 cups)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a non-reactive bowl, mix strawberries and sugar. Toss gently until berries are coated.
- Add 1/2 tsp of balsamic and combine. Set aside to macerate (soften) for at least 15 minutes, until a syrup forms at the bottom of the bowl. You may leave them to sit overnight in the fridge.
- Grind pepper a couple of times over strawberry mixture. Taste and add more as desired.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tsp balsamic and serve with ice cream, cake, or yogurt.