Balsamic-Macerated Strawberries Recipe
A delicious accompaniment for your favorite dessert, or even breakfast! These berries are delicious with super creamy Metropolitan Market Vanilla Ice Cream, Polenta Cake, Olive Oil Cake, or your favorite yogurt.
- 8 oz strawberries, cut in quarters (2 cups)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a non-reactive bowl, mix strawberries and sugar. Toss gently until berries are coated.
- Add 1/2 tsp of balsamic and combine. Set aside to macerate (soften) for at least 15 minutes, until a syrup forms at the bottom of the bowl. You may leave them to sit overnight in the fridge.
- Grind pepper a couple of times over strawberry mixture. Taste and add more as desired.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tsp balsamic and serve with ice cream, cake, or yogurt.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 0 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.