Grilled Vegetable Grazing Platter Recipe
Grilled Vegetable Grazing Platter
Serves 4 to 6
This beautiful spread of grilled vegetables, along with your favorite accompaniments, is a wonderful way to enjoy the bounty of summer.
- 1 eggplant, ends trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cored and cut into quarters
- 3 zucchini or yellow squash, ends trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Walla Walla sweet onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Your choices of the following:
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese
- 8 thin breadsticks
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup labneh (Middle Eastern yogurt cheese)
- Za'atar seasoning or pesto sauce
- 8 Campari on-the-vine tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Sweet cherry peppers
- Preheat a clean grill over medium to medium-high heat.
- Place eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, and halloumi (if using) on a baking sheet. Brush lightly on all sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill vegetables 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until grill marks form. Grill halloumi about 2 minutes on each side, until marked. Remove all and set aside.
- Serve tomatoes fresh or grill just until charred. Watch carefully so they don't overcook.
- To serve, wrap prosciutto around breadsticks and arrange on a large serving platter or board. Place halloumi in a deep plate and drizzle with olive oil. Spoon labneh into a cup and top with Za'atar or pesto; add to platter. Add grilled vegetables along with tomatoes. Fill small bowls with sweet cherry peppers and olives. Drizzle vegetables with balsamic vinegar.