Grilled Vegetable, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
Grilled Vegetable, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad
Serves 4 to 6
You can re-invent this salad as summer goes along with a variety of different vegetables. Replace the zucchini with grilled chopped eggplant or portobello mushrooms – and toss with grilled, chopped Walla Walla onion.
- 4 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 4 oz Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, plain or Garlic & Herb, crumbled
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush zucchini with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place zucchini on hot grill and cook until charred and just beginning to soften, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from grill and cool to room temperature. Cut each zucchini in half again lengthwise. Then cut crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combined chopped zucchini, tomatoes, chickpeas, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss. Add the basil and goat cheese. Gently stir and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 170 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 8 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.