Italian White Bean Salad Recipe
Italian White Bean Salad
Serves 4 to 6
This protein-packed salad is perfect for warm-weather entertaining; it’s easy, portable and full of flavor. Take it on a picnic or pack it up for an energizing week-day lunch at the office.
- 2 cans (15-ounce) cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounce) Metropolitan Market Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 cup Walla Walla sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or oregano (or 2 tsp dried)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl. Toss to blend well. Cover and chill for one hour or longer for flavors to blend.
- Serve on greens for a light meal or spoon onto Metropolitan Market Crostini or toasted baguette slices for an appetizer.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons drained capers.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 15 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.