Chipotle-Rubbed Tequila Turkey Breast Recipe
Chipotle-Rubbed Tequila Turkey Breast
Rub a whole turkey breast with a fiery chipotle rub and finish it with a tequila-spiked sauce. Ask one of our butchers to cut a thin slice off the bottom of the breast so it will sit flat in the pan, breast-side up.
- 1 (4-6 lb) whole turkey breast, bone-in, skin-on
- 1/2 cup water, more as needed
- 1 lb multicolored mini bell peppers
- Orange-Chipotle Rub:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp Los Chileros Chipotle Rub & Mix (you can use ground chipotle pepper)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Glaze, Sauce, and Garnish:
- 1/2 cup apricot jam or orange marmalade
- 3 Tbsp tequila
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken or turkey stock, as needed
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with water
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano leaves
- 3 limes, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine ingredients for Chipotle-Orange Rub.
- Rub the chipotle-orange mixture all over the turkey breast. (If time allows, cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.)
- Place seasoned turkey in a roasting pan, breast side up.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan. Roast for 45 min.
- To make the glaze: mix jam and tequila.
- Remove turkey from oven; add the sweet peppers and more water if needed to keep the drippings from burning. Place back in the oven, roast for 30 minutes, glaze and roast for an additional 5 minutes or until the temperature of the thick part of the breast reaches 165°F.
- Remove turkey from oven. Transfer peppers to warm serving platter. Carefully transfer turkey to a cutting board. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 15 minutes while making sauce.
- For sauce, strain cooking juices into a glass measuring cup. Add stock if needed to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan. Stir in cornstarch-water mixture and oregano. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Add salt, if needed, to taste. Transfer to a gravy boat or small pitcher.
- Slice turkey breast and transfer to a serving platter with peppers. Add lime wedges to platter. Serve warm, with sauce
- This dish is better with Mexican oregano, but you may use regular oregano instead
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 10 servings)
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 105 mg
Sodium: 810 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 37 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.