Baked Oysters with Prosciutto and Parsley Recipe
Baked Oysters with Prosciutto and Parsley
Serves 4 as an appetizer
Ask our seafood pros to shuck the oysters for you and this Italian-style oyster appetizer is a breeze to prep. Got Prosecco? A little sparkling wine is the perfect accompaniment.
- 12 medium to large oysters on the half shell
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil or butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup crushed Metropolitan Market Crostini or panko
- 3 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onion (green part)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place oysters on the half shell on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Drizzle olive oil into pan. Add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until shallot softens. Remove from heat. Stir in crostini, prosciutto, parsley, green onion, lemon juice, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over oysters. Bake for 5 minutes or until edges of oysters curl away from shell.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 680 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.