Molten Chocolate Cakes Recipe
- 4 Tbsp butter, plus more for ramekins
- 5 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Grand Marnier, Cognac, or brandy (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously coat the inside of 4, 6 oz. ramekins with butter. Place on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a small saucepan, cook over low heat until butter and chocolate melt. Remove from heat and stir in Grand Marnier, vanilla, and salt.
- Combine eggs, yolks, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix on medium-high for about 5 minutes, until the mixture doubles in volume, turns pale yellow and falls from the whisk in a thick ribbon.
- Sprinkle espresso powder and flour over batter. Add melted chocolate and using a spatula, gently fold mixture until chocolate is incorporated. Divide batter equally between buttered ramekins.
- Bake just until the tops of the cakes are puffed and set, but the center remains wet when tested with a toothpick, about 15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, invert cakes onto dessert plates, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 215 mg
Sodium: 420 mg
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 35 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.