Shrimp or Lobster Scampi Recipe
Shrimp or Lobster Scampi
This classic Italian seafood dish features garlic and herbs with your choice of shrimp or lobster. It’s delicious tossed with Metropolitan Market pasta, served over rice, or paired with crusty bread. Just add a salad to complete the meal.
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1 lb peeled, deveined large shrimp or 4 lobster tails par-boiled (blanched) removed from shell and sliced (See recipe #42 How To: Cook Lobster Tails)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dry red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb Metropolitan Market Capellini, Spaghetti, or Linguine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Add 1 tbsp salt and pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and once hot, stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until garlic is soft and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, bring to a simmer and add shrimp or blanched, sliced lobster tails. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp are pink and cooked through or lobster is warm.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Add pasta and parsley to skillet with seafood and toss to combine, adding some of the reserved water if needed to keep moist. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; serve.
- Cook's Tip:
- Add a tablespoon or two of fresh lemon juice, sliced fresh basil, or diced tomatoes.