Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mint, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 16 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Prepare couscous according to package directions and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss in the prepared couscous. Dice one of the tomatoes and cucumber; add to the couscous along with the raisins and olives. Toss gently. Transfer the couscous salad to a serving bowl. Chill if made ahead.
- Before serving, slice the remaining tomato and add to the salad along with the avocado.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 40 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 260 mg
Carbohydrates: 53 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 8 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.