Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Grilled simply with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar then topped with Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, these portobellos are sure to be a summer favorite! They're also hearty enough to stand in for your favorite burger.
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- 2 oz Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, any variety, crumbled
- Preheat a grill or oven broiler. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a bowl. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place the mushroom caps on the hot grill with stem side facing up; cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side, till tender when pierced. Brush mushrooms with the seasoned oil and sprinkle with salt during the grilling.
- Place grilled mushrooms on a platter and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve with your favorite grilled meat and seafood or create a meatless burger with all the traditional garnishes.
- Zucchini, onions, and peppers may be prepared in the same fashion