Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- 2 oz goat cheese, plain or herbed, crumbled
- Preheat a grill or oven broiler. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a bowl. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place the mushroom caps on the hot grill with stem side facing up; cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side, till tender when pierced. Brush mushrooms with the seasoned oil and sprinkle with salt during the grilling.
- Place grilled mushrooms on a platter and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve with your favorite grilled meat and seafood or create a meatless burger with all the traditional garnishes.
- Zucchinis, onions, & peppers may be prepared in the same fashion