Holiday Pears with Blue Cheese, Nuts, and Honey Recipe
- 2 firm but ripe Metropolitan Market Holiday Pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Mixed Nuts, Cashews, Almonds or Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Slice pears, removing cores if desired. Arrange pears on serving plates. Top with cheese and nuts. Drizzle with honey.
- Serve at once.
- HANDLE WITH CARE: Delicate and sweet, the Holiday Pear bruises easily, so it’s important to take care of your pear! Once you get your precious pears home, they’re best enjoyed within 1-3 days, or until they yield slightly to pressure. An easy way to tell? Check the neck! Gently press the area near the stem, looking for a little softness, signaling they’re ready to eat. If you’d like to hold onto the ripeness for a bit longer before eating your pear, just place in the fridge for up to 5 days until you’re ready to enjoy
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 125 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 16 g
Protein: 3 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Fruit and cheese = heaven ”