Holiday Pears with Blue Cheese, Nuts, and Honey Recipe
Holiday Pears with Blue Cheese, Nuts, and Honey
Our Holiday Pears are so luscious they are best served simply. Try them as an appetizer or dessert, sliced and topped with their perfect partners – blue cheese and nuts.
- 2 firm but ripe Metropolitan Market Holiday Pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Mixed Nuts, Cashews, Almonds or Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Slice pears, removing cores if desired. Arrange pears on serving plates. Top with cheese and nuts. Drizzle with honey.
- Serve at once.
- HANDLE WITH CARE: Delicate and sweet, the Holiday Pear bruises easily, so it’s important to take care of your pear! Once you get your precious pears home, they’re best enjoyed within 1-3 days, or until they yield slightly to pressure. An easy way to tell? Check the neck! Gently press the area near the stem, looking for a little softness, signaling they’re ready to eat. If you’d like to hold onto the ripeness for a bit longer before eating your pear, just place in the fridge for up to 5 days until you’re ready to enjoy
Ratings and Reviews
“Fruit and cheese = heaven ”