Spanish Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (about 15 oz) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 or 2 lemons
- Leaves from 8 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- Leaves from 4 sprigs savory or thyme, finely chopped
- Needles from 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 10 piquillo peppers, drained and coarsely chopped (about 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place drained chickpeas in a salad bowl.
- Zest the lemon(s). Cut lemon(s) in half and squeeze the juice over the chickpeas.
- Combine all remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 250 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This recipe is so easy and so good. i had no idea. super fresh, lemony and ez. too 5 minutes ”