Tomato Coconut Curry Recipe
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1 cup cauliflower or broccoli
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 can (28 oz) Metropolitan Market Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 package (12 oz) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, optional
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil or cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large pot, add onion and sauté until translucent, about three minutes. Add curry powder, garlic, ginger and sauté about one minute.
- Add carrot, potato, cauliflower, coconut milk, tomatoes, tofu and salt.
- Simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the frozen peas and herbs, heat and serve.