How to Cook Sea Scallops Recipe
How to Cook Sea Scallops
- 6 sea scallops, or more if you like
- Oil or butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Carrot Puree recipe (optional)
- Garnishes (optional):
- radish sprouts
- Pat scallops with a paper towel to dry. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if you like – they’re edible but can be tough.
- Select a skillet large enough to hold scallops without touching so they brown nicely. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil or butter. When oil is hot, add scallops and cook undisturbed for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- With tongs, gently flip scallops and cook for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until browned and somewhat firm but still plump and slightly translucent in the center. Internal temperature should reach 145°F. Do not overcook, or they will be tough.
- Serve warm over Carrot Puree. Garnish with with radish sprouts, microgreens, or Dukkah.