Cast-Iron Chicken Thighs Recipe
Cast-Iron Chicken Thighs
Easy can be delicious! This recipe is great for outdoor cooking as it can create a lot of smoke.
- 6 chicken thighs (with or without skin)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp high-heat oil
- Spice blend rub (account for any salt it may contain)
- Dried or fresh herbs
- Generously salt chicken on both sides. If you have time, allow to sit for up to 20 minutes so the salt can be absorbed and the chicken can come to room temperature. Drizzle or toss with 1-2 Tbsp oil. Rub with spices or sprinkle with herbs, if desired.
- To cook, preheat a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and place chicken, skin or smooth side down, leaving room between pieces. Leave undisturbed until the bottom is a deep golden-brown color, about 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Again, do not move the chicken—wait for a deep, golden-brown color to form. Remove from pan and rest about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional fresh herbs, if desired.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To Prepare Chicken in Advance: Pour 2 Tbsp oil, 2 tsp salt, and desired spice mix or herbs in sealable bag or covered container. Mix or massage everything together. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Total Fat: 25 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 120 mg
Sodium: 740 mg
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Fiber: 0 g
Total Sugar: 0 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 20 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.