Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Make a dozen delicious burritos and you’ll have them on hand whenever you’re hungry and short on time. They’re the perfect food to enjoy on a camping trip – first thing in the morning, out on a hike, or late at night by the fire.
- 12 strips Metropolitan Market Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pkg (20 oz) shredded hash browns
- 6 garlic cloves, (about 2 Tbsp minced)
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend
- 18 Metropolitan Market Organic Eggs, whisked
- 12 large (10") flour tortillas
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cup spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake on middle oven rack for 15 minutes or until done as desired. Flip slices halfway through, if desired.
- While bacon is in the oven, cook hash browns in a skillet according to package instructions.
- In another large pan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and jalapeño; stir until fragrant. Add whisked eggs and reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally until desired doneness is reached. When eggs are nearly cooked, add shredded cheese and fold in until melted. Allow to cool.
- Working in batches, heat 4 tortillas on a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds or individually place them on a dry pan over medium heat for a few seconds on each side. Cover with foil to keep pliable. This will make it easier to wrap the burritos and reduce the risk of the tortillas tearing.
- Add a portion of hash browns and scrambled eggs to each of the four tortillas, about a cup of filling in each. If desired, add hot sauce; then top with a slice of bacon.
- Form burrito by bringing up the bottom of the tortilla over the ingredients and cupping your hand over the top of the roll. Use your fingers to tug everything together snugly. Push in the tortilla on both sides to prevent ingredients from spilling out the ends, and then fold the sides of the tortilla up over the roll and in towards the center. Roll up slowly, keeping everything tight together. Wrap each burrito individually in a sheet of foil with the shiny part facing toward the food. Repeat the process to make all 12 burritos. Refrigerate until ready to heat.
- If taking camping, pack burritos in a sealable bag before placing in cooler to prevent melted ice from getting inside. To warm, place foil-wrapped burritos on a grill over indirect heat or in a covered pan on a camping stove. Turn for even heating.
- At home, warm unwrapped burritos in microwave for 30-45 seconds or wrapped burritos in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes. For a crisp exterior, place warm burritos without the foil wrap in a dry pan over medium high heat and rotate to toast on all sides.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 12 servings)
Total Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 285 mg
Sodium: 990 mg
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 3 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 23 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.