Oven-Fried Papas a la Provenzal Recipe
Oven-Fried Papas a la Provenzal
The trick to crispy oven fries is ensuring that the potatoes are thoroughly dry and that there’s ample space between them on the baking sheets. The fresh garlic and parsley topping adds lots of flavor. Delicioso!
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or neutral-tasting vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F (425°F for convection).
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into slices about 1/2-inch thick, then cut each slice into 1/2-inch sticks. Pat potato sticks dry on all sides with a clean kitchen towel.
- Divide potatoes onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and then spread evenly in a single layer. Leave space between potatoes so the potatoes roast rather than steam.
- Roast one tray at a time for 20-25 minutes, flipping potatoes halfway through cooking. If you are using a convection oven, you can roast both trays simlutaneously.
- While potatoes roast, combine garlic and parsley in a bowl with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove cooked potatoes from oven and top with parsley mixture. Toss. Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 790 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 4 g
Total Sugar: 2 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.