Lavender Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coarse sparkling sugar
- Small lavender buds
- Crush lavender with a mortar and pestle or pulse in a spice grinder until fine. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, lavender, and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine butter and sugar. Beat at low speed to combine; then, increase speed and beat until creamy. On low speed, add vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until dough just comes together.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces. Form into two logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 325°F. Cut logs of dough crosswise into 1/3-inch slices. Place slices on parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and small lavender buds, if desired.
- Bake on middle rack, one sheet at a time, 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to turn golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Tip:
- For chocolate-dipped shortbread, dip ends of cookies in melted dark chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 36 servings)
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 35 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 0 g
Added Sugars: 2 g
Total Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.