Protein Powder Peanut Sauce Recipe
Protein Powder Peanut Sauce
Serves about 1 cup (8 – 2 Tbsp each)
This zippy sauce boasts a boost of protein! Try it with fresh spring rolls, satay skewers, and noodle bowls.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp (1 scoop) protein powder (like Sprout Living Simple Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup water, more as needed
- 3 Tbsp Tbsp lime juice or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos, more to taste
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or 1 chili oil
- Garnish (optional): chopped peanuts
- In bowl of food processor, combine peanut butter, protein powder, 1 Tbsp honey, water, 3 Tbsp lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whirl until smooth, stopping to scrape down side of bowl once or twice.
- Add more water as desired to thin for use as a dressing. Taste and add more lime juice, soy sauce, or honey, if you like. Spoon into a container, cover, and chill until serving time. If you like, top with chopped peanuts just before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.