Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe
Fresh Spring Rolls
Colorful, cool rolls loaded with fresh ingredients are fun to make — and delicious to eat! The ingredients and amounts are simply a guide, use what you like and have available. Roll and serve, or invite everyone to customize their own.
- 10 rice paper spring roll wrappers (22-cm diameter)
- 6 lettuce leaves (romaine, butter, green,or red leaf)
- 1/4 lb thin strips tofu or cooked prawns, sliced in half along their spines
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 English cucumber, seeds removed, cut into long sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into long sticks
- 1 large avocado, cut into thin strips
- 6 stems Thai basil
- 6 stems fresh cilantro
- 6 stems fresh mint
- Peanut sauce (see recipe)
- Sweet chili sauce
- Fill a pie plate or other large dish with warm water. Before making each roll, dip a sheet of rice paper in water and submerge until just pliable. Lay on a clean, lint-free dish towel. If you lay it on a plate or cutting board, the rice paper will stick.
- Place desired fillings in a short row an inch below the center of the circle. Fold the bottom of the rice paper up over the fillings and tuck snugly over the top. Hold in place with one hand while carefully pulling up one side and folding it over toward the center. Roll up slightly and then fold in the other side. Continue rolling using your finger tips to keep everything held tightly together. It may be easier to lay the lettuce down first to help contain everything. However, lay prawns down first if you want them to show nicely once rolled. Use fillings sparingly as too much will cause the rice paper to break.
- If preparing in advance, brush exterior of rolls with a neutral-tasting oil and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve with peanut sauce and/or sweet chili sauce.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 10 servings)
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 55 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 3 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 3 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.