Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
Blue spirulina is an algae packed with antioxidants; considered a superfood, it’s known for its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties. Bonus: It brings a gorgeous luminescent color to smoothies!
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 medium bananas, frozen are best (see Cook’s Tip)
- 1/2 cup milk (regular, oat, or almond)
- 2 tsp (2 scoops) blue spirulina powder
- Fresh fruit (e.g. mango, strawberries, blueberries)
- Toasted coconut
- Chia seeds
- In a blender, pulse mango chunks until chopped fine. Add bananas, milk, and blue spirulina. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top as desired.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Peel ripe bananas, cut into 1-inch chunks and place on a plate in the freezer. Once frozen, they can be stored in a sealable bag. Frozen bananas blend into the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 1 serving)
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 125 mg
Carbohydrates: 99 g
Fiber: 9 g
Total Sugar: 65 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.