Fresh Fig & Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe
Fresh Fig & Heirloom Tomato Salad
Two stars of late summer produce, heirloom tomatoes and fresh figs, pair beautifully in this simple salad.
- 3 cups fresh arugula, friseé, watercress, or a combination
- 2 late summer heirloom tomatoes, yellow and red preferred, sliced or quartered, depending on size
- 4 fresh ripe figs, quartered or halved
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- Coarse salt, such as kosher
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or Marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or other assertive cheese, optional
- Small basil or mint leaves
- Scatter greens on a platter. Top with tomatoes and figs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with nuts, cheese, and basil or mint.
- Panzanella: Add torn pieces of artisan bread, tossed with garlic-oil and salt and lightly toasted.
- Mediterranean Fig Salad: Use pomegranate molasses instead of balsamic vinegar, and choose feta for the cheese.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 210 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 3 g
Total Sugar: 15 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.