Grilled Figs with Cheese and Dukkah Recipe
Grilled Figs with Cheese and Dukkah
Dukkah is a nut, seed, and spice mixture that originated in Egypt, is easy to make, and is delicious with figs! Serve these yummy bites with green olives and slices of grilled artisan bread.
- 8 ripe, but firm, figs
- 1 - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soft blue cheese
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Dukkah or chopped, roasted pistachios
- Baslamic Vinegar
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Slice off fig stems. Make an x-cut across the top of each fig, cutting about halfway down through the fruit to make an opening for the filling. Brush figs llightly with olive oil. Stuff each fig with about 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Place on hot, clean, oiled grill. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until figs are hot and lightly browned and cheese is warm.
- Remove to a plate. Sprinkle with dukkah or pistachios. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with parsley.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Instead of grilling, you can roast the filled figs on an oiled baking sheet in a 400°F oven.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 70 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 11 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.