BBQ Bites Recipe
Serves 8-10 as an appetizer
These savory little bites, made with humble hot dogs, are sure to be a hit at any gathering! Grilling them enhances the sweet, smoky flavor.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus some for topping
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs hot dogs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat part of grill to medium-high and leave other side unlit.
- In a medium bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Add hot dog pieces and toss to coat.
- Cut a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. With the shiny side up, lightly brush with oil or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place hot dog with sauce in center and fold foil to form a closed pouch.
- Place pouch on unlit side of grill and cook for 15 minutes. Rotate pouch every 5 minutes to heat evenly.
- After 15 minutes, carefully open pouch and place over direct heat. Turn heat down to medium-low. Spread out the hot dogs so they don’t touch. For additional carmelization, sprinkle with a little more brown sugar. The dish is ready when hot dogs look sticky and caramelized.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 10 servings)
Total Fat: 25 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 910 mg
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fiber: 0 g
Total Sugar: 11 g
Added Sugars: 9 g
Protein: 17 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.