Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Zucchini are the perfect, edible vessels for spicy chorizo and melty cheese.
- 2 chorizo sausage links
- 1/2 cup sriracha mayonnaise
- 4 zucchini
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Grill sausage links over medium heat until internal temperature registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer (see Cook’s Tip for an alternate cooking method). Chop chorizo into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a bowl, combine chorizo with sriracha mayonnaise and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon or melon baller to remove seeds. Rub zucchini boats all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill zucchini with chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Carefully lay zucchini boats on grill over medium heat. Place them parallel to grates to keep them from tilting. Close lid and cook for 1 minute or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
- Serve whole or cut into 2-inch lengths for bite-sized snacks.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Instead of grilling, chorizo can be roasted on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a preheated 375°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. In step 4, bake filled zucchini boats on the same parchment-lined sheet for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 270 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 2 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 8 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.