Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 2 chorizo sausage links (3 - 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sriracha mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack, divided use
- 4 medium-large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Grill sausage links over medium heat until internal temperature registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer (see Cook’s Tip for an alternate cooking method). Chop chorizo into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a bowl, combine chorizo with sriracha mayonnaise and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon or melon baller to remove seeds. Rub zucchini boats all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill zucchini with chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Carefully lay zucchini boats on grill over medium heat. Place them parallel to grates to keep them from tilting. Close lid and cook for 1 minute or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
- Serve whole or cut into 2-inch lengths for bite-sized snacks.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Instead of grilling, chorizo can be roasted on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. In step 4, bake filled zucchini boats on the same parchment-lined sheet for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.