Dukkah (Nut and Spice Mixture) Recipe
- 3 tablespoons whole brown flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roasted and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small skillet, combine flax, sesame, coriander, cumin, black peppercorns, and fennel seeds. Place over medium-low heat and toast, stirring often, for a minute or two, until fragrant and seeds begin to pop. Remove from heat and cool.
- Coarsely grind toasted mixture in spice grinder or with mortar and pestle.
- Stir in hazelnuts and salt. Place in an airtight jar. Use within one month or refrigerate for longer storage.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 16 Servings)
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 70 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Total Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.