Cashew Cheese Sauce Recipe
Cashew Cheese Sauce
Makes 1 quart
Creamy, delicious, and completely plant-based, drizzle this cheesy sauce over potatoes, pasta, veggies, and tortilla chips.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 to 3 cups unsweetened plain oat milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine 4 cups water and cashews in large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let soak 30 to 60 minutes until cashews are hydrated and soft.
- Drain cashews. Place in blender with 2 cups oat milk, garlic, miso, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, paprika, and cayenne. Process until very smooth. Add more milk, as needed, to achieve pourable consistency. Taste and adjust salt and other seasonings, to preference.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator or freeze up to 6 months.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 8 Servings)
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 510 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.