Beet and Citrus Salad Recipe
Beet and Citrus Salad
- 1 gold beet, top and end trimmed
- 1 red beet, top and end trimmed
- 1 navel orange
- 1 cara cara orange
- 1 blood orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups packed arugula
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil. Roast 30 to 40 minutes until easily pierced with a knife. Use gloves or paper towels to rub off peel. Slice beets into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Set aside.
- Slice both ends of each orange and stand them up on their flat sides. Use a sharp knife to cut off rinds. Begin at top and follow curve of fruit, trying to preserve round shape. Rotate and continue working your way around each fruit. Cut oranges into thin slices. Set aside.
- Transfer any accumulated orange juice from cutting board into large bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk, taste, and adjust seasoning.
- To large bowl of dressing, add arugula and toss. Divide among serving plates. Top each plate with a quarter each: beets, oranges, radishes, walnuts, goat cheese, and chives.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Roasting beets in the skins is a great way to maximize flavor.
- The skins of the beets will slip off most easily while still hot, but be careful! Consider wearing dish gloves to prevent burns.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 4 Servings)
Total Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 230 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 5 g
Total Sugar: 15 g
Added Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.