Sheet Pan Sausage, Cabbage, and Apples Recipe
Sheet Pan Sausage, Cabbage, and Apples
This is an incredibly easy-to-prepare, warm and homey, comfort food meal. There is very little hands-on attention required and yet the results are beautiful and delicious.
- 1 small head red cabbage, cut into 8 wedges (See Cook’s Tip)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 slices
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 links Italian sausage (3 to 4 ounces each)
- 3 sprigs Italian parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange cabbage on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each wedge with a slice of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together mustard, honey, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- After 15 minutes, remove pan from oven and flip cabbage over. Add sausages to pan. Spoon a few tablespoons of the honey-mustard dressing over the cabbage and the sausages. Return pan to oven and roast another 15 minutes or until a probe thermometer inserted into the center of the sausages reads 165° F. Remove pan from oven.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples in a few tablespoons of dressing. While pan is still hot, add dressed apple slices to pan so they can be warmed by the residual heat.
- Slice sausages before serving. Drizzle everything with remaining dressing and top with chopped parsley.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Cabbages vary in size, and you may not need to use the whole thing. For this recipe, cut wedges should be 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Keep core on cabbage wedges. This will help them stay together.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 850 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fiber: 6 g
Total Sugar: 31 g
Added Sugars: 16 g
Protein: 16 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.