4-Ingredient Golden Rice Recipe
4-Ingredient Golden Rice
This recipe is simple and delicious. Grains of rice are coated in rich, yellow egg yolk before being stir-fried, lending both beauty and flavor to this simple, delicious dish. Get creative by adding leftover ham, frozen peas, or any other vegetables or meats you have on hand, to turn this quick easy side into a meal. It’s a great way to use up leftovers!
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 4 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3 cups cooked, refrigerated, day-old white rice (See Cook’s Tips)
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- In a large bowl, whisk bouillon into egg yolks. Add rice and mix well, ensuring each grain is well coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into egg whites. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large, heavy non-stick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add a drizzle of vegetable oil and whites of green onions. Stir and cook several seconds until soft and fragrant. Add rice and stir-fry until rice is dry and begins to pop, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Move rice to one side of pan. Reduce heat to medium and add a drizzle of oil to empty side. Add egg white mixture and season with a pinch of salt. Stir eggs and cook to scramble. Incorporate cooked egg whites into rice, stirring everything until well-combined.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in green parts of green onions, reserving a little to sprinkle on top of rice as garnish just before serving.
- Cook’s Tips:
- The best fried rice is always made with leftover cold rice. Cook rice a day ahead, spread on a tray, and chill overnight. Attempting this recipe with freshly cooked rice will result in sticky, gummy fried rice.
- A key to making fried rice is cooking with high heat. If you do not have a wok or a very large pan, divide ingredients in half and cook in two batches. Cooking a large quantity of food in a pan that’s too small will not allow adequate heat for the process.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
Sodium: 260 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 1 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 10 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.