Sundubu Jjigae (Korean Soft Tofu Soup) Recipe
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 Manila clams
- 1/2 bunch shimeji or enoki mushrooms, bottom of stems trimmed and broken apart
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound soft silken tofu, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 daikon radish, peeled, quartered and 1/4-inch sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and 1/4-inch sliced
- 1/4 cup kimchee base
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 jalapeño, 1/4-inch sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add kimchee base, stirring and tasting as you go, until desired spice level is achieved. Season with salt, to taste.
- Add daikon, onion, and a few jalapeño slices (if using). Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add soft tofu. Crack eggs into center of pot. Add clams and mushrooms. Simmer until eggs are soft-poached, clams have opened, and tofu is warmed through.
- Transfer to bowls, top with green onions, and serve immediately.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Total Sugar: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Sodium: 700 mg
Cholesterol: 205 mg
Trans Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Total Fat: 13 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 31 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.