Korean BBQ Marinade Recipe
Korean BBQ Marinade
This is a marinade traditionally used for beef bulgogi. It contains kiwi, used for its powerful meat-tenderizing enzymes. It can also be used with other thinly sliced meats, mushrooms, or tofu.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and rough chopped
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced meat, mushrooms, or tofu and marinate 1 hour or up to overnight before cooking.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 1840 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 7 g
Added Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.